The kikulu website uses information from our interactions with you and other customers and from certain third parties, to help us provide the highest quality products and services.
If you have any privacy questions or concerns, or if you have any enquires regarding the personal information you have given us, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
2. Who is in charge of the protection of your information?
Lou McGill, owner of the kikulu website will determine the purposes and means of the processing of your data.
3. What personal data is collected?
All our activities are based on stringent ethical principles and legal requirements, and we are committed to protecting the privacy of all visitors to this website. For this reason, the way in which we collect store information is dependent on how our website and related services are used.
3.a Data collected through your interaction with the website
Various technologies may be used on our website in order to improve them, make them more user-friendly, effective and secure. Such technologies may lead to data being collected automatically by us or by third parties on behalf of us. Examples of such technologies are cookies, flash cookies and web analytics.
3.a.1 Click-stream data
When you visit this website, data is sent from your browser to our server. This data makes it possible to optimise our services and improve your experience on our websites. The data is automatically collected and stored by us or by third parties on our behalf.
We may collect information about your computer for system administration and to report aggregate information for internal marketing analysis purposes. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns.
In particular, this data may include the following:
- • the visitor’s IP address,
- • the date and time of the visit,
- • the referral URL (the site from which the visitor has been referred),
- • the pages visited on our website,
- • Information about the browser used (browser type and version, operating system, etc.).
3.b Data provided by you
Besides the data collected by automated means, we also process data which you have provided to us. This includes, but is not limited to:
- personal data that identifies you as an individual, namely, your contact information, including your first and last name, billing or delivery address, date of birth, telephone number, fax number, email address, credit and debit card information. If you provide any personal data of another person, please make sure that you have the right to share that information with us,
- information provided at the time of registering to become a member of the kikulu website,
- information you provide when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by kikulu,
- information you provide to us via third parties such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest etc.
- information that you upload to or share through our site by using our services,
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence,
- if you contact us to report a problem with our site or for technical or customer support, we may keep a record of that correspondence or conversation.
- if we choose to participate in any alternative dispute resolution (ADR) procedure accessible through the ODR Platform , we may disclose PI to the European Commission, as operator of the ODR Platform, and to any ADR provider appointed to deal with the dispute.
4. How is the data used?
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer,
- for purposes relating to your order; e.g., to notify you regarding the status of your order or delivery, to fulfil your requests, such as responding to a question regarding our products, to help you locate a store near you, fulfil your order, process your payment card, and/or to provide you with customer service. We may use your data to assess your creditworthiness, for which we may use third parties,
- to verify your identity and to respond to any query you may raise with us, and to process your request and provide you with the best service possible,
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us,
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so,
- to notify you about changes to our services, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information,
- to provide you with the benefits and services as a member of the kikulu website,
- to administer and maintain our records,
- to manage your membership of the kikulu website
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our site when you choose to do so,
- customise content for you on our websites and provide you with customized offers,
- prevent or detect any misuse or fraud,
- With your explicit consent, we may contact you via the contact details provided by you (e.g. by regular mail, email, SMS, telephone or any other electronic means) for marketing, advertising and opinion research purposes. For example, this includes information related to kikulu products, e-commerce activities, special offers, and promotions. In order to be able to contact you with information which is of special interest for you, your overall interaction with kikulu (such as, but not limited to, your shopping behaviour in e-shops, your use of loyalty programmes, your ratings and reviews of products, your contact history with our customer service, your newsletter clicks/ opening results, your surfing behaviour (web tracking), the newsletter types you are subscribed to, your participation in promotions or events), will be combined analysed and used. We may use your personal data for marketing, advertising and opinion research purposes. In section 6 you will find information on your rights, e.g. on how to withdraw your consent or correct your personal details
The period of use of the personal data supplied by you will not be longer than we deem necessary but may be unlimited.
5. Disclosure of information
We may use service providers and data processors working on behalf of kikulu. The services may include web hosting and maintenance services, analysis services, e-mail messaging services, delivery services, handling of payment transactions, solvency check and address check, etc. These third parties are granted access to such personal data they require in order to be able to carry out the particular service. The service providers and data processors are contractually obliged to treat such information in the strictest confidence. They are contractually not allowed to use the data in any other way than required. The necessary steps are taken to ensure that our service providers, and the processors working on behalf of kikulu, protect confidentiality of your data.
Please note that any information you post or disclose through your interaction with kikulu(for example personal data contained in the photos, stories, comments and videos that you submit) will become public information, and may be available to visitors to the Site and to the general public.
• If we choose to participate in any alternative dispute resolution (ADR) procedure accessible through the ODR Platform, we may disclose PI to the European Commission, as operator of the ODR Platform, and to any ADR provider appointed to deal with the dispute.
6. Your rights
If you provide us with personal data via our website, this is done on an entirely voluntary basis. If you choose not to provide requested information, various customer benefits may not be available. In certain cases, only those people that have submitted the necessary personal data to us are able to order products, use certain services and in other ways avail themselves of the activities and offers available on our website. We provide various options, depending on the exact circumstances, in order to help you retain control over your data. These options may include displaying and editing your data online. It may also be possible to unsubscribe from services or delete user accounts or to receive information about the data held.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes, or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can choose not to give your consent to such processing by not checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our social media networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
6.1 Right to object and unsubscribe
Emails that kikulu sends to you that contain a newsletter or marketing content include the option to unsubscribe by following the relevant instructions in the email. If you do not wish to receive any emails from us, you can simply click on this unsubscribe hyperlink and we will stop sending you emails in future.
If you are not interested in any information about your behaviour on our website being collected and assessed, you can opt-out of the as described below in subsection 11.
If you wish to withdraw your consent to receiving promotional information and offers in general, including by email, by SMS, or by any other electronic means, you may do so at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In case we have any doubt about your identity, we may ask you to identify yourself (e.g. by sending a copy of your passport ID). Other than regular costs for communication, this is free of charge.
With regards to other types of messages you may receive, such as maintenance announcements or admin notifications, receipt of such messages can only be terminated by deleting your account. These messages are a mandatory part of user accounts and the related use of our website. You can have your account deleted by writing an email to email@example.com
6.2 Right to request information
You are entitled to access your personal data. By emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, you may request details of the information which we hold about you and the purposes for which it is being held. We will provide this information within 40 days of your request, subject to any routine processing between that time and the time of response.
6.3 Right to request correction
You have the right to request correction, supplementing, deleting or blocking of the personal data stored about you. Within four weeks of receipt of the request, we will notify you as to whether we will comply with your request and to what extent. If for any reason we do not comply with your request, we will provide you with the reasons for this.
7. Security of the information and data integrity
We take appropriate measures to protect personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized use, disclosure or access, in particular where the processing involves the transmission of data over a network, and against all other unlawful forms of processing and misuse.
kikulu uses third party data processors in relation to the collection and processing of your personal data. Any third party data processors engaged by us will only process your personal data in accordance with our instructions and will be contractually obliged to adhere to strict security procedures when handling your personal data.
8. Social Networks
Our website offers Social Plug-ins from various social networks. If you choose to interact with a social network, your activity on our websitewill also be made available to social networks such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest etc.
If you have logged in to one of these social network sites during your visit to this website, the social network site might add this information to your profile. If you are interacting with one of the Social Plug-ins, this information will be transferred to the social network site. If you do not want this data transfer, please log out of your social network site before entering this website.
We cannot influence this data collection and data transfer via the Social Plug-ins. Please read the privacy policies of those social networks for detailed information about the collection and transfer of personal data, what rights you have and how you can achieve satisfactory privacy settings.
In addition, to improve your user and brand experience, your data may be passed to a third party (eg Facebook) for processing in accordance with data protection and privacy regulations.
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/<p “=””>Twitter: http://twitter.com/privacy
<p “=””>Google +: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
9. Re-targeting Technologies
We may work with other companies who use tracking technologies to serve ads on our behalf across the Internet. These companies may collect information about your visits to our website and your interaction with our communications, including advertising.
10. Contact Information
Write an email to email@example.com
11. Changes to this policy